Cosmopolitan Hotel & Casino fire
It wasn’t a Las Vegas show featuring fire, instead it was the real deal……a 2 alarm fire that broke out poolside. The Cosmopolitan had more than a slight scare when a fire broke out on July 25th around 12 o’clock hour.
While customers were enjoying the beautiful rooftop views on the 14th floor, sipping cocktails, laying in chaise lounges, sitting under cabanas and wading in the pool to cool off something very sinister was about to take place.
In an instant whole complexion would change from paradise under warm heat of the sun to a blazing scorching fire. It spread like wildfire as the fake palm trees that lined the pool area were ignited like torches.
As the black smoke billowed and became bigger by the second patrons were quickly ushered out of harm’s way. 35 units and 110 firefighters responded to the fire successfully douse a fire that could have had far worse consequences.
Thankfully everyone escaped with no serious injuries and only one who was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Multiple floors were evacuated because of the smoke with very little damage done to the building other than some broken windows. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined but speculation says it was from a lit cigarette.
Cosmopolitan Casino is the only one-of-kind that has walk-out balconies. Against code for any Casino to feature these type of balconies, the building plans were approved which were originally attended for condos.
The five star hotel and Casino opened December 15th, 2010 and is featured as one of the most luxurious along the Strip at the tune of nearly 4 billion dollars.
Those planning to stay at Cosmopolitan in the near future won’t be left out of the fun in the sun and a dip because the hotel features three pool areas to choose from.
Posting of links on All Free Chips, affiliate or otherwise, is NOT allowed !!!