Thread: Vietnam busts online gambling rings !!!

User Info Menu

Vietnam busts online gambling rings !!!

Online gambling was a hot topic in Vietnam this week as Ho Chi Minh City police shut down an illegal gambling ring linked to online betting operator 12Bet. On Friday, police detained 10 people, including To Cong Hung, the owner of the Vietnamese version of gay lifestyle magazine Attitude.

Police say the ring operated a website that connected local gamblers with the Philippine-based 12Bet. Hung reportedly ran the website, while his sister and other agents controlled bank accounts through which money was collected from and distributed to gamblers. Police had monitored the site for months, during which time the operators handled over VND 1t (US $46.8m) in wagers.

Friday also saw police commence legal proceedings against 36 individuals arrested in July as part of the 2014 FIFA World Cup betting crackdown. This ring was linked to another Philippines-based site, M88.com, considered one of the predominant sites catering to Vietnamese punters. Before police swooped in, the site handled over VND 1.4t in wagers.

Also on Friday, police in Ba Ria Vung Tau province deported six South Korean nationals for operating an illegal betting site out of a rented villa in Vung Tau City. The operation catered not to locals but to gamblers in South Korea, who set up around 4k accounts with the site and wagered over KRW 20b ($18.6m) before police moved in on Wednesday.

Thanh Nien News reported that local police detected signs of illegality in the villa then took their findings to South Korean police, who confirmed the interaction with local gamblers. The arrested individuals claimed they had been dispatched to Vietnam by another Korean named Choi Hojun. Vietnam deported 33 other South Koreans for much the same activity last July.
    Posting of links on All Free Chips, affiliate or otherwise, is NOT allowed !!!

User Info Menu

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

User Info Menu

I will not deny that Gambling has affected the lives of many people in different ways and you can treat them differently, and it is because of this that governments are doing everything to get rid of gambling, but I can make money on it. Before, my life was very dull and gray, but thanks to gambling I began to live a new life. It all started with what I learned about https://clubvip777.com/ and played for several days without stopping and it's hard to believe, but I was able to win about $ 50,000. I could not believe my eyes when I was holding this money in my hands, because I had never seen such a large amount of money. My life has changed a lot.
    Last edited by neptun2020; 07-26-2020 at 03:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Glad to be of service !!!
    Posting of links on All Free Chips, affiliate or otherwise, is NOT allowed !!!

User Info Menu

neptun2020...

CONGRATULATIONS on your big win!! I LOVE hearing things like that; it gives me some hope!
    In my secret life I am gjr1961.

Thread Information